dilluns, 30 de novembre del 2009

MY ORAL PRESENTATION

MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS

TRANSCRIPTION:

Hi! I’m Ariadna, and I’m 16 years old.
Today, I’m going to talk about my summer holidays with my best friend.
Have you ever been in London? Do you like to see different places?
Well, I want you to talk about everything of my two weeks in London, especially about my college and the places that I visited. I did a PowerPoint to show you some photos that I took.
My travel was since 1st of July to 15th of July. We went to Egham, a big town situated on the south of England. We stayed on a college called Royal Holloway.
I begin talking about my plane travel: we had to be at the airport at lunch time and met our group. We travelled to Egham with British Airways. We arrived to Egham at evening. We visited all together our college. It was amazing, the biggest college I’ve ever seen.
Rooms were separated by letters, so imagine there were so many flats with a letter. We had the letter K, the oldest rooms, but they also were good. We had to live there with Italian, Serbian, French and more nationality people. It was wonderful, because we would make a lot of friends.
There was a really big castle, which seemed to be the caste of Howards.
That was our school, our classes were there. But we could lose ourselves inside the castle. We had class at morning, 3 hours and we have two different teachers. I liked a lot my teachers, Ian was like Coldplay’s singer, and Harry was the typical English man. They were really nice. Finally, we visited our dinning room because it was dinner time: there were a buffet and lot of places to sit. On the first day we were all in time to have breakfast, but then, we were always the last. At nights, we were really hungry because in England people have dinner very early, so we went everyday to the supermarket to buy pizzas, and we ate them late.
Anyway, I want to talk about the wonderful places that I visited.
The place that I loved the most was Brighton: we spent the whole day there.
It’s so beautiful!! We went to the Aquarium at morning, and we saw plenty of strange fishes. After this, we have dinner and we spent some time on the beach. Brighton’s beach is amazing. It has no sand, everything was big stones. Then, we walked through the city streets. Brighton is full of people all day. We loved to look at them, and see how they were dressed. We also visited the shopping centre, which was enormous. And before we went to the bus, we saw some boys playing music on the street.
“Brighton is known like the gay city of England”
Another day, we visited Oxford. There is the castle which is filmed the dinning room of Harry Potter’s movie. We were all really surprised because it was a little room, and on the film it seems to have no ending with the special effects.
After the visited, we went to Oxford University.
On the second week we went to Windsor, where’s one of the official residences of the Royal British family. We had to bring with us talking phones for tourists to know the history of the castle. The queen had on the castle the biggest house of dolls, it has all that you can imagine and the things are made in real size.
Also, we met there some friends of here, it was really fun. While we were talking there was an amazing Orquestra playing in front of us. They were stuff of the castle and they wore the typical dresses of British guards.
The place most visited for us was London. I don’t have words to say how much I love this city. The first day we went there to visit the typical places like: London Eye, Tower Bridge or Big Ben. All were amazing!! And we also walk through the streets. That night we were all on a boat: our teachers made a disco there, and we could see how beautiful London is at night. Everything was light, and the disco was really fun.
The next day, we visited Buckingham Palace, the Royal Residence. It’s a wonderful place, and we enjoyed very much see how serious were the guards there. Later, we walked to Piccadilly Circus! One of my favourites places to go in London city! There was Oxford Street, the most important shopping street in London, and there was too a big screens with publicity. We spent a lot of time there, going to Starbucks because we like her cappuccinos very very much!!
And then, we found “Abercrombie & Fitch” shop. It’s the most famous shop in the world: her stuff are all handsome models, and everything inside it is perfect!!! We spent a lot of time too inside this shop! Enjoying a lot with the stuff, and finally we get a photo with the model that was standing on the door. When I say that it was amazing it’s true. You can’t believe how much we had to wait to could enter; it was like a 5 meters cue. But the wait was finally good.
The third day we had free time, so we decided to go shopping. We went to typical English shops like: Topshop, River Island, Gap…And when we had a little more time, we went again to Starbucks and we had a cappuccino and a big cookie. We talked a lot there about our fantastic days in Egham.
The fourth day we visited a museum: Tate museum. It was a museum of art really interesting, with six floors. We spent all morning there, taking photos and watching all, and at the afternoon it was raining a lot so, we decided to visit Harrods’s. Harrods’s are like a dream. We couldn’t get into because we were students, but finally we enter with Italian boys, like they were our boyfriends and guards let us pass. Everything is so expensive there, and there are guards in every step. But I have to say that it’s the most fabulous shopping centre that I’ve ever seen. Even the toilets were like the paradise, with Chanel perfume.
Those were our days in London.
The last day, we went to park of attractions, two hours far from our college. We spent all day there, and we enjoyed a lot. It was raining the whole day, but anyway we had fun with our friends.
That was the best experience of my life. I made a lot of good friends, I learnt a lot with them, I had fun, and I even fell in love.
So, this is my presentation. I hope you liked it.
Have you got any questions?

REFLECTION:

In my opinion I think that my presentation was right. I was very nervous because I’m very shy and it’s very difficult for me talk in front of so many people. So, this time, I decided to study hard my presentation to know well everything that I was going to say. Also, it was an interesting project to me because I talked about my summer holidays and my friends, so I tried to do my best.

I decided to make a PowerPoint to can show to everyone pictures of the beautiful places that I visited and to let they know what I was talking about. On my PowerPoint there were too much sentences and it was bad for the presentation. I thought that I could forget something and it could be terrible, so I decided to write that to be able to remember everything. In fact, I had everything on my mind. I still remember what I was saying! So, I think I was wrong doing this.

I watched twice my oral presentation and I can believe how could I be so nervous: I wasn’t looking to my classmates any time, I was all time looking at my PowerPoint! I wasn’t reading anything because I memorized all, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of there. My moves were really bad too! I’m too shy when I had to do these things so I couldn’t stop any second!! I was moving my arms all time and walking around myself. I did all of this because in that moment I was very nervous, but I didn’t realize that I was doing since I have seen myself on my computer. Apart from it, I was talking about a wonderful topic to me and I think that my friend liked it. I was reflecting my motivation with this project and if you are interested in the things that you say on your oral presentation people will listen to you.

My presentation lasted 7 minutes approximately, it was OK. I had enough time to explain everything and show my pictures. About my pronunciation and fluency I think that they were quite right. I hate my English pronunciation, I’m always thinking about it. But anyway, I’m trying to improve it. My fluency was alright, well I don’t know so much vocabulary to do the best presentation, but I think that my vocabulary was right for my level.

I hope to learn English for a long time and one day, be able to talk in English like now I talk in Spanish.



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada