diumenge, 15 de maig del 2011

GRANDPA I DON'T WANT TO BE A FARMER...I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR!

A grandfather is talking to his grandson about the really important things in life. He also wants him to know their family traditions, their origins, and especially tell him that he and his ancestors put in a lot of effort to RAISE UP their children...Bobby (grandfather) is an elderly man and an experimented farmer as well. He was born in a farmhouse close to his family’s farm. Since he was a child he helped all his family in everything he could and he has completely devoted himself to his farm tasks, so he has spent all his life working really hard in order to earn enough money to live happily. Nevertheless, the atmosphere becomes tense when his grandson confesses him he doesn’t want to KEEP ON his family traditions anymore. Everything happened like this…



-Hi little Johnny!




-Hi grandpa! Is everything alright?


-Oh…yes! Yes, yes it is! Everything is fine!


-Are you ok grandpa? You seem quite worried but I don’t know why…



-Well, the truth is that there’s something I’d like to tell you…



-What do you want to tell me? What has happened grandpa?



-No, no…nothing has happened. It’s just about you and me and our family traditions.




-Oh, thanks God! I was expecting bad news!


-No…It’s just that we have never talked about this before and…you know, I know it’s silly but I don’t know exactly how to begin…




-Don't worry! It’s alright grandpa. Take your time, I’ve got all the time of the world to hear you!


-I know, I know…You’re a really nice guy Johnny and you have GROWN UP so quickly… I’m sure you’ll be a great family man!


-Oh…KNOCK IT OFF grandpa! I think I know what you mean…



-Johnny, don’t you misbehave please! I’m just saying that you are already sixteen and you should start thinking about KEEPING UP WITH your family traditions!



-No grandpa…I have told you this hundreds of times! I GET ACROSS your good intentions, but I don’t want to be a farmer. I want to be a doctor grandpa…the best one! And I want to travel around the world to cure the needy!



-But this is your home Johnny! That’s the only place you must LAY DOWN in! My ancestors SETTELED DOWN in Wisteria Lane many years ago and since then all of them have worked in this job! Why do you want to RUN AWAY from us?



-I don’t want to RUN AWAY grandpa! You know I love my family with all my heart. However, times have changed and I have a future out there which could be amazing! So, if something goes wrong out there, I’m ready to PAY FOR the consequences of my acts.



-Sorry dear, I cannot understand you…


-I’m not ASKING FOR your understanding , I just want you to support me in everything I do as I’ll do with you!



-Oh, son! I love you too much to be angry with you! Have for sure that I’ll be by your side, no matter the way you take!



-Oh…you’re wonderful grandpa! I truly love you!



-I love you too my little Johnny.



-I’ve already SIGNED UP a registration to study in Oxford’s University.



-And when will you leave?



-I’m GOING OFF to London next month!


-Oh, God, so soon? I can’t believe it!



-Yes, grandpa! I’m already a big boy, don’t you forget it!

-Yes, I know…It’s just that I’ll miss you so much!

-Me too grandpa, but I promise I’ll visit you every holidays.


-I hope so! And I promise I’ll SEE you OFF at the airport every time you leave!



-Ok, I’m glad to hear it!



-I hope life treats you well. You deserve the best son!


-You too grandpa. And now…why don’t we go downtown? I’m hungry and we could have breakfast together! What do you say?

-I think this is a great idea my little Johnny!




Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada