dimecres, 24 de novembre del 2010

MY MAIL

Hi Elizabeth! Is everything alright? I hope so =)

I don’t know exactly how to begin this mail because I want to tell you many things! Perhaps, introducing myself would be a good way to start.

As you should know, my name’s Ariadna Vilà and I’m seventeen years old. I live in Sant Pere Pescador and I have two brothers, the old one is twenty six years old and the little one is only eight. I study in “Ies Castelló d’Empúries” since I was twelve but this will be my last year here. I have enjoyed very much my years spent in this school and I’ve met wonderful people as well.
However, I want you to talk about my future, about my dreams, my purposes…

Last year I was really scared because most of my friends knew exactly what they wanted to study or what they would do in their futures but I couldn’t see clear my way yet. I though that it would be a great problem: time goes very fast and in the twinkling of an eye I would be in a college studying anything which isn’t for me.

I needed ideas, and especially, I had to talk about it with people who were able to help me. This summer I worked in my parents’ restaurant, so I thought very much in my future and I asked my cousins to give me help (they worked with me as well).
Finally, I could see everything clear. The first question anyone can ask you is…What do you like, maths or languages? I have no doubts with it. I love languages and everything related to them. Secondly, I promise myself to study some thing which really cares for me and don’t ever have to be sorry of my decision. It took me few months but now, I know what I’m going to do.

I love languages (learn, speak, write…) they are absolutely my favourite subject but I’m afraid that nowadays “translation and interpretation” career doesn’t have much request. I decided to study “journalism" career. Anyway, my biggest challenge is study languages while I study my career. Obama’s video let me think about my goals, and this is my main goal right now. I know it’ll be a hard work, but if I want to get it I will have to prove I really deserve it.

I’ll try to believe in myself even when things will go wrong. I’ll refuse to give up on myself because now I know that there’s no excuse for not try. In a future, if I want to pay my bills and make my sons proud of their mother I have to work with all my own. It definitely will be a hard struggle, but I’ll do it for me and for my loved ones. Of course, everyone knows that college years are the best time of students’ life, and I’ll enjoy them as much as possible.

I’m sure I’ll have failures, I will be scared of a lot of things and sometimes I will feel that my fight has no sense. But when I finish with everything I’ll be able to look back smiling regretting nothing because every second of my struggle will be worth.

Best wishes,
ARIADNA
xxx

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada