divendres, 26 de febrer del 2010

OUR ORAL PRESENTATION: AUSTRALIA

MY TRANSCRIPTION:

Hi! We are Laura and Ariadna, and today we're going to talk about AUSTRALIA...

(HISTORY)Australia, also known as Commonwealth of Australia, is a country situated in the southern hemisphere comprising the Mainland of the Australian continent.
Australia is the sixth biggest country in the world. The name of its capital is Canberra.

Australia has been habituated by the Aboriginal since forty-two thousand years ago. It has been colonized by the United Kingdom in 1770 and in 1778.
[...]

(CULTURE)Australian people have for certain that Australia is absolutely a lucky country.
They are usually cheerful and with a smile on their face. They like to joke or say funny things. Respect is something basic in their life. They want to be well-treated, and if they get it they will do the same with the others.
In short, Australians are usually good people, friendly, and welcoming. They don’t care about colours or race. The magic words for them are: PLEASE and SORRY.

(RELIGION) Australia hasn’t got an official religion, most of the Australians are Christians, approximately the 60%, others are Roman Catholics and the rest are Anglicans or no-religious.
[...]

(FESTIVALS)Local festivals are very interesting, and because of it when people visit Australia look for them. The most known local festivals are:
-On the 26th January, it’s Australia’s National Day.

-In February there are also more celebrations, related especially with Carnival. Also, in this month is celebrated the “Festival of Perth” where there are different artists from other countries.

-In Sydney they celebrate “Mardi Gras” a party dedicated to all the gays and lesbian that visit Australia.

-And in June the most outstanding event is “Melbourne Film Festival”, where is preformed an exhibition of the best national and international films.

(MUSIC)Australian music includes:

-CLASSIC MUSIC

-JAZZ

-and many other POPULAR MUSIC GENRES.

One of the most famous Australian singers is: Kylie Minogue, she’s a pop singer.

(FOOD&DRINKS)The great majority of people buy fast-food from restaurants or ready meals from supermarkets. Some of them prefer to eat organic meals and other prefers to buy everything fresh and cook the food them selves, which results cheaper.

Typical Australian MEALS:

-Lamb with mint sauce or with apple sauce, all accompanied with chips, carrots and peas.

-Australian people like very much to cook with the “BARBIE”, barbecue for us. They usually cook different kinds of meat.

-They are crazy about “Fish&Chips”. They have it because of the English influence.

-Also it’s very typical there to eat “Meat Pies”. They are sold in butcheries.

-In Australia people drinks very quickly, and the most famous drink is beer.

(ACCENTS&DIALECTS)Australia hasn’t an official language. English is the most spoken language, but with a different accent and vocabulary. They speak Australian English. The next common languages are: Chinese, Italian, or Greek.
[...]

(ANIMALS)We want to talk about some animals of Australia because we haven’t them here. There are poisonous jellyfishes and octopus. There are also the most lethal spiders, usually in the cities. As well, there are different kinds of kangaroos, koalas and wombats.
But maybe the most scaring marsupial is “The Tasmanian Devil”. It seems a dog, but it’s really strong. It’s known by its disgusting smell and its loud and disturbing shouts.

And...that's all. HAVE YOU GOT ANY QUESTIONS?


MY REFLECTION:

I’m quite proud of our presentation. It seems better than my first oral presentation, but I still have many things to improve. On my first presentation, I hadn’t any paper, but I was looking all time to the PowerPoint, and in this presentation I decided to bring a paper but only with the most difficult words. On the video you can see that I’m all the time looking at the paper, but it’s quite silly because I wasn’t reading anything. I did it because I was too nervous. I haven’t improved my moves yet. I’m very nervous and I can’t stop moving all the time. I think that those are things to change in my next presentation. I have felt quite embarrassed when I have seen myself: while I was doing it, I thought that I wasn’t so nervous, but when I saw it I couldn’t believe it. I realize all my mistakes of the two oral presentations and I can say for sure that I want to it better.

My English pronunciation has still a low level, but it’s very difficult to me speak English in front of many people. I think that the vocabulary of the project is right, and some words were a little difficult to memorize but finally I got it.

It seems that I hadn’t study it, or that I’m reading all the time. But I can swear that I study very hard this presentation because it is a very important work to me. I like very much English, and our topic was very interesting. My brother is living in Australia right now, and I thought that if I chose it I would learn a lot of things about this beautiful country.

Maybe, after seeing the video, I can say that I’m disappointed with myself. I know that it doesn’t sound well but it’s the truth. I researched information, I read all and I chose the important things, I translated everything, I memorized my presentation all afternoon long, I tried to not be nervous and…what happened? I was more nervous than before, I moved hundred times more than before, I didn’t improved the pronunciation and especially I couldn’t do a good work.

I hope to improve it soon, and be able to do a nice third presentation. I hope it with all my own! I said all the negative things about our project, but perhaps if I had to say positive things about it I would say that…I learnt a lot with it, and I’m happy for it. I had fun with Laura while we were doing it, because we saw how different could be everything in Australia. Also, I’m fond of our hard work: we did a good PowerPoint, and we wrote there only the specific words, not the whole information as I did before. I think that we can improve it, and I will try it.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada